A 30-year-old woman, Erin Lee Macke, has been arrested by Johnston Police for leaving her four kids home alone while she took 11-day trip to Germany.
The Iowa Children found themselves in a real-life home alone scenario last week when their mother left them to their own devices to take an 11-day trip to Germany.
Police in Johnston, Iowa were called to Erin Lee Macke’s house on September 21 to conduct a welfare check and found her four young children 12-year-old twins (a boy and a girl), a 7-year-old girl and a 6-year-old girl – inside alone.
ROYAL NEWS learnt that, the day before, the 30-year-old mother had left her children at home alone to travel to Germany, and didn’t arrange for anyone to take care of them.
She didn’t plan to return until October 1, but as soon as police learned of the incident they contacted her in Germany and demanded she return to the U.S. immediately. Read also: Over 130 Rohingya Muslims perish in sea voyage
Macke was taken into custody on Thursday, exactly a week after police conducted the welfare check at her home.
However, She is now facing four counts of child endangerment and one count of making a firearm available to a person under the age of 21, each child endangerment charge carries up to a 10 year sentence and $10,000 fine.
It’s unclear why Macke traveled to Germany, but the end of September is a popular time to visit the European country since it’s when the annual Oktoberfest festival takes place in Munich. This year’s Oktoberfest, a two-week beer festival, began September 16 and ends October 3. Read also: Group to US government: Nnamdi Kanu, IPOB are terrorists
- Why Gov Abdulrazaq will secure second term– Commissioner
- SAD…. Ilorin-born varsity don, Sulyman Gurumoh is dead
- BREAKING…Dogara dumps APC for PDP
- Adeleke commences salary payment, vows to restore good governance
- Ronaldo signs £173m deal with Al-Nassr
- Zenith Bank wins Bank of the Year
- Late Onijagbo was a great servant of God— Gov. AbdulRazaq
- Emir of Ilorin mourns late Onijagbo, Oba Fagbemi
- I’m thinking of getting married for sex, says Juliana Olayode
- DMO raises concern over Nigeria’s debt