A Non-Governmental Organisation, Fresh Insight Foundation, on Tuesday kitted 300 pupils of primary in three schools across the Senatorial Districts of Kwara State.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that the foundation also presented sets of furniture to Ajegunle LGEA Primary School, Sango in Ilorin to aid learning in the school.
The NGO selected some pupils, whose uniforms were tattered and worn out as beneficiaries,
In his address, the Director-General of the foundation , Mr Abdulrasheed Akogun, of said that the gesture was to encourage compliment both parents’ and government’s efforts.
According to him, “the provision of uniforms will encourage their educational pursuit of the pupils.”
Akogun further explained that NGO embarked on the programme at the critical period of economic recession to assist in the educational needs of the beneficiaries.
He said the foundation arrived at the schools based on the recommendations of selection committee with a pledge to come in in other areas in future.
Our correspondent gathered that reports that the beneficial schools were Jihad Deen LGEA Primary School, Bode-Saadu in the Moro local government area, Ipata ‘B’ LGEA Primary School in Ilorin South and Ganmo LGEA Primary School in Ifelodun local government.
The Headmasters of the schools in their response applauded the contribution of the NGO to the education development of the pupils and the state at large.
Mr. Abdulkadir Mahmud of Jihad Deen described the gesture as wonderful, saying no group like Fresh Insight had remembered the school in such a way.
Mrs. Sikirat Mahmud of Ipata LGEA Primary School also applauded the NGO for coming to the aid of the pupils.
She said that the gesture would go in a long way to encourage their education.
Facebook Comments Box
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Senate urges FG to protect shorelines at Bayelsa communities
- Senate suspends report on vacation of citizen’s watchlist by DSS
- Senate directs NLNG to pay host communities N18.4bn compensation
- Buhari to presents 2023 budget to NASS Oct. 7
- Gov. Abdulrazaq, KAMWIRE, Etsu Patigi, others for Kwara NUJ award
- Nigeria/India engages to boost volume of trade, economic activities
- Scandal rocks CCB as commissioners accuse chairman of corruption
- Atala Oil Field: NUPRC under fire in Senate over wrongful re-allocation
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin