Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
Nigeria’s public debt stock increased from N42.84 trillion (103.31 billion dollars) in the second quarter of 2022 to N44.06 trillion (101.91 billion dollars) in the third quarter of 2022.
The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), said this on Tuesday in its Nigerian Domestic and Foreign Debt Report for Q3 2022 released in Abuja.
The report said Nigeria’s public debt stock which includes external and domestic debt grew by 2.84 per cent in Q3 of 2022.
It said that External debt stood at N17.14 trillion (39.66 billion dollars) in Q3 2022, while domestic debt was N26.91 trillion (62.25 billion dollars).
“However, the share of external debt to total public debt stood at 38.92 per cent in Q3 2022, while domestic debt was recorded at 61.08 per cent.’’
In addition, the report showed that the Federal Government’s share of domestic debt was 80.07 per cent in Q3 of 2022.
In a breakdown by states, the bureau said that Lagos State recorded the highest domestic debt of N877.03 billion in the third quarter of 2022.
It was followed by Delta with N272.61 billion and Ogun with N241.78 billion.
The report showed Jigawa recorded the lowest debt at N44.40 billion, followed by Kebbi and Katsina at N60.13 billion and N62.37 billion.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Supreme Court opens up on CJN trip, meeting Tinubu
- Buhari never said he wouldn’t hand over to Tinubu– Presidency
- Okowa congratulates Adeleke on Appeal Court victory
- Ekweremadu, wife to be sentenced on May 5
- CBN confirms evacuation of banknotes, directs banks to open for weekend operations
- CBN begins monitoring of old notes circulation:
- Ademola Adeleke is the duly elected governor of Osun— Appeal Court
- BREAKING…Appeal court reinstates Adeleke as Osun governor
- Kwara Gov sympathises with residents over rainstorm, flooding incidents
- ICPC arraigns ex-JAMB’s Ojerinde, 4 children over alleged fraud