Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has reacted to the controversy surrounding Isa Pantami, the Minister of Communications and Digital Planning.
Kanu insisted that Pantami is not a repentant terrorist.
Pantami was recently linked to terrorists’ organisations like Al-Qaeda and Taliban.
This followed the resurgence of an audio recording of his past teachings where he supported the terrorists organisations.
Since the audio was made public, Nigerians have been calling for his sack, over his past comments on Taliban and Al-Qaeda.
Following the backlash, the Minister had earlier distanced himself from such extremist groups.
He later admitted making such controversial comments but claimed his perception has changed.
Reacting to his comment, Kanu said such change is not possible.
In a tweet, the IPOB leader wrote: “In case you forgot, TERRORISM is a form of #Islamic ideology, as well as a religious duty for every Muslim that believes in JIHAD.
“Therefore, there can never be anything like a repentant terrorist, not even some Minister named Isa Pantami (@DrIsaPantami). Please be guided. I am.”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday
- 2023: Be careful of politicians’ craftiness– Don warns journalists
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner