Ogun Assembly passes 12 resolutions in 8 months
The Ogun House of Assembly said it passed 12 resolutions between January and August 2018.
Mr Lanre Bisiriyu, the Clerk of the House, disclosed this while defending the 2018 budget performance of the assembly before the House Services Committee, at the assembly complex in Abeokuta on Tuesday.
Bisiriyu added that the resolutions were geared towards facilitating the attainment of the five cardinal programmes of Gov. Ibikunle Amosun’s administration in the state.
The clerk said that 10 bills were recently submitted to the house for consideration, saying that the harmonised revenue and other charges bill were under consideration.
“It is worthy to note that the mediation meetings between representatives of different communities were held to resolve issues that could lead to disturbance of public order in the state,” he said.
He stated that paucity of fund is one of the challenges faced by the house.
He also stated that there was need for the construction of a new and befitting complex, saying that the present structure would no longer accommodate political office holders and staffers.
Bisiriyu noted that N18.4 million was released as capital expenditure between January and August out of the expected N2.4 billion for the year.
In his remarks, Mr Samuel Sonuga, Chairman of the Committee, expressed optimism that the legislative autonomy would address the financial challenges of the house.
Sonuga reiterated that the purpose of the oversight was to know the challenges faced and the financial spending of the house, adding that the management should improve the welfare of the staff.
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja