In a bid reduce poverty in Osun, the State House of Assembly on Tuesday passed the Social Protection Bill 2018.
The bill was passed sequel to a motion by the House Deputy Leader, Mr Bello Osuolale, which was seconded by Mr Babatunde
Komolafe (Atakumosa East/West) during plenary in Osogbo.
Mr Akintunde Adegboye, the Deputy Speaker, who presided over the session, said the bill, when signed into law by the governor, is expected to ensure access to affordable healthcare and social assistance by the people.
In addition, he said the bill would ensure sustainable livelihood, enhance human capital development as well as economic growth in the state.
According to him, the bill will also provide persons living with disabilities in the state with the means to cope with their challenges.
The Social Protection Implementation Committee for the management and control of the State Social Protection programmes will be set up, Adegboye said.
The deputy speaker, however, directed the Clerk of the House to transmit the bill to the governor for his assent.
Also, the lawmakers passed Osun Assembly Service Commission (Establishment and Management (Amendment No. 2), Bill 2018.
Gov. Rauf Aregbesola is expected to hand over to the newly elected governor, Mr Adegboyega Oyetola, on Nov. 26.
- FAYEMI NAMES COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR COVID-19 SUPPORT ACCOUNT
- BREAKING….. COVID-19: Kwara shuts borders, to fumigate markets
- COVID-19: Shi’ite members make fresh demands from FG on El-zakyzaky, wife (FULL STATEMENT)
- Dr. Alfa Sa’adu’s death: We’ve lost another irreplaceable asset— Emir of Ilorin
- 37yr-old France returnee becomes first COVID-19 victim in S/Leone
- SAD….COVID-19 kills 12yr-old girl
- CBN suspends cheque clearing till further notice
- BREAKING….Nigeria’s coronavirus cases increases to 135
- BREAKING….Nigeria’s coronavirus cases hit 131
- US leads index table of Covid-19 cases globally (See figures)
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen