In a bid reduce poverty in Osun, the State House of Assembly on Tuesday passed the Social Protection Bill 2018.
The bill was passed sequel to a motion by the House Deputy Leader, Mr Bello Osuolale, which was seconded by Mr Babatunde
Komolafe (Atakumosa East/West) during plenary in Osogbo.
Mr Akintunde Adegboye, the Deputy Speaker, who presided over the session, said the bill, when signed into law by the governor, is expected to ensure access to affordable healthcare and social assistance by the people.
In addition, he said the bill would ensure sustainable livelihood, enhance human capital development as well as economic growth in the state.
According to him, the bill will also provide persons living with disabilities in the state with the means to cope with their challenges.
The Social Protection Implementation Committee for the management and control of the State Social Protection programmes will be set up, Adegboye said.
The deputy speaker, however, directed the Clerk of the House to transmit the bill to the governor for his assent.
Also, the lawmakers passed Osun Assembly Service Commission (Establishment and Management (Amendment No. 2), Bill 2018.
Gov. Rauf Aregbesola is expected to hand over to the newly elected governor, Mr Adegboyega Oyetola, on Nov. 26.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal