Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, has stated that Nigerians are eagerly awaiting how President Muhammadu Buhari will handle the serious allegations of bribery levelled against the National Chairman of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Mr. Adams Oshiomhole, over the conduct of the just concluded primary elections in the party.
Saraki, in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Alhaji Yusuph Olaniyonu, also described the threat by the former Edo State governor to sue him over his statement that Oshiomhole ought to quit politics on moral grounds over the allegations against him, as an empty boast because he (Saraki) will be ready to meet him (Oshiomhole) in court.
“Nigerians are waiting to see how the President will handle the serious allegations against his party chairman. We expect the President with his anti-corruption campaign to institute thorough and transparent investigation into the allegations against his party chairman.
“The failure of the President to get to the root of the matter will finally destroy his ability and that of the party to continue to talk of any anti-graft battle. The President should let the investigation be thorough, open and transparent. This is no time for any cover-up”, he stated.
Saraki maintained that until the outcome of a thorough investigation is known to Nigerians and the APC chairman is cleared of the allegations against him, Oshiomhole is not on a firm ground to talk about morality or fight against corruption.
- PHOTO NEWS: PHOTO: EKITI DISCHARGES ONLY COVID-19 PATIENT
- FG appeals to Nigerians to comply with restrictions order
- Reps donate two months salaries to fight against Covid-19
- FAYEMI NAMES COMMITTEE MEMBERS FOR COVID-19 SUPPORT ACCOUNT
- BREAKING….. COVID-19: Kwara shuts borders, to fumigate markets
- COVID-19: Shi’ite members make fresh demands from FG on El-zakyzaky, wife (FULL STATEMENT)
- Dr. Alfa Sa’adu’s death: We’ve lost another irreplaceable asset— Emir of Ilorin
- 37yr-old France returnee becomes first COVID-19 victim in S/Leone
- SAD….COVID-19 kills 12yr-old girl
- CBN suspends cheque clearing till further notice
News2 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
Education4 months ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
News10 months ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
Politics4 months ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)
Politics5 months ago
EXPOSED…. Why Kwara Governor wants more women in his cabinet— Ajadi
Politics3 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
Politics10 months ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen