A former governorship aspirant in Abia State and a stalwart of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Ambassador Chidike Ukauwa, has reveled why Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party was leading Gboyega Oyetola of the APC in the Saturday’s governorship poll in Osun State before the election was declared inconclusive.
He said the party’s failure to field popular candidate was the reason Adeleke of the PDP took the lead.
He, therefore, warned the state leadership of the APC and delegates against choosing unpopular candidates that may rob of the party of victory in 2019 elections.
Ukauwa, who spoke with reporters Tuesday evening, in Umuahia, the Abia State capital against the backdrop of the outcome of the Osun inconclusive governorship election, said the election should be a big lesson to the APC.
He opined that only credible and competent candidates can ensure the success of the party in the upcoming 2019 general elections.
Ukauwa pointed out that with the results so far displayed by INEC in the last Saturday’s election showed that the people have rejected APC.
He stressed that the masses were revolting against APC in Osun State over alleged failure of Governor Rauf Aregbesola to live up to the expectations of the people.
He said, “Again, as we approach our primaries, the party should eschew from imposition of unpopular candidates. Because why the PDP is leading in Osun election is because of our candidate there is not popular.”
“They should allow competent people to emerge in the primaries. Because for the APC to win Abia; we must bring out a credible and acceptable candidate that can sack Ikpeazu and PDP from the office in 2019.”
- No room for deadline extension, JAMB Registrar, Oloyede warns prospective applicants
- VIDEOS+PHOTOS: When Buhari visited Emir of Kano, Aminu Ado Bayero
- Abiola Bawuah becomes UBA CEO in Africa
- INEC investigates viral video of extortion during PVCs collection in Enugu
- Buhari inaugurates 10mw solar plant in Kano State
- Court remands woman for pouring hot water on her co-wife in Kwara
- UNA-USA Ambassador, Lady Tee Thompson applauds KAM Holding for promoting SDGs
- Why I am not allocating land in FCT – Minister
- Nigeria records 244 confirmed cases of Lassa fever, 37 deaths in 16 states and FCT
- 2023: Kwara Hausa/Fulani community adopts NNPP guber candidate