Osun has recorded 17 fresh coronavirus cases, bringing the total number of infections in the state to 263.
Dr Rafiu Isamotu, the state’s Commissioner For Health, in a statement in Osogbo, said 11 patients were also discharged from isolation centre in the state after recovering from the disease.
Isamotu said the new cases were contacts of the previous patients in the state.
The Commissioner appealed to residents to always observe all the precautionary measures laid down against the spread of the virus.
Isamotu said with the new cases, the number of confirmed cases in the state had risen to 263 with 135 active cases.
He said the state had successfully treated and discharged 121 patients with seven deaths recorded so far. (NAN)
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85