ROYAL NEWS gathered that Olaniyan was removed on Monday by the lawmakers during plenary at around 11:30am.
The recommendation of the seven man panel constituted by the Chief Judge of the state, Justice Muntar Abimbola, was adopted on the directive of the Speaker of the House of Assembly, Adebo Ogundoyin.
The panel report was read by the Majority Leader of the House, Sanjo Adedoyin, from Ogbomoso.
The lawmakers had accused him of gross misconduct, insubordination and financial recklessness among other offences.
The deputy governor and his boss, Governor Seyi Makinde, have been having a cold war since 2020 and he announced his defection to the All Progressives Congress on June 5.
The Peoples’ Democratic Party dominated House of Assembly immediately commenced impeachment move against him following his defection.
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo