The Ondo State Election Petitions Tribunal on Tuesday rejected a petition filed by the PDP against Governor Akeredolu’s re-election for a second term.
The petition was filed by Eyitayo Jegede of the PDP against Governor Akeredolu of the All Progressive Congress (APC).
Jegede challenged the victory of the ruling CPA and its candidate in the October 10, 2020 election for governor, which saw Akeredolu return for a second term.
The three-member panel headed by Judge Umar Abubakar struck out the request for lack of jurisdiction in the matter.
“The issues raised in this petition are a settled matter of the internal affairs and management of a political party over which this tribunal has no jurisdiction,” Abubakar said.
Abubakar, who delivered the judgment via zoom, therefore confirmed Akeredolu’s re-election as governor of Ondo state in the governor’s election on October 10, 2020.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Kogi Assembly seals Dangote Cement factory
- Kwara NUJ holds Ilorin NBA in friendly match to mark 2022 Press week
- Google announces first Cloud Region in Africa
- Kaduna CP warns against extra judicial killings
- Senate moves to make Nigeria manufacturing country
- Senate exits Customs, FIRS, NCC, others from budget
- Senate confirms 19 RECs, NUPRC Executive Commissioner
- Ijara-Isin monarch hails TIC Chairman on birthday occasion
- Nigeria in Calamitous situation over oil theft, vandalism, others — NNPCL
- Minister, others reject Senate’s bill on proposed innovation agency