The Wife of Plateau State Governor, Mrs. Regina Lalong, on Tuesday offered free medical outreach to over 5,000 Internally Displaced Persons, (IDPs) in the state in celebration of her birthday.
This, she did under her pet project, Support Women Initiatives to Transform Children,s Foundation (SWITCH) in Partnership with Tina Bawa foundation.
Our correspondent gathered that some of the IDPs were those who fled from the North East as a result of insecurity and those displaced as a result of the crisis in Plateau.
Also food items which includes,Bags of rice , cartoons of indomie, cartoons of beverage , blankets were donated to the IDPs.
Speaking at the occasion which took place at the stephanious Foundation in Bukuru, Jos South LGA, Mrs Lalong said she was moved by the plight of the IDPs in the state.
She said she would continue to Carter and provide for the less privileged in the society saying: “The Federal and State government is doing everything possible to ensure that IDPs return to their homes. We shall continue to promote peacefully coexistence among citizens of the state.”
Speaking earlier, Tina Bawa, the founder of Tina Bawa Foundation thanked the first lady for partnering with Tina Bawa Foundation to impact on the lives of IDPs in the state.
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes
- Nigeria’s public debt stock increases to N44.06trn in Q3 2022 – NBS
- CBN directs banks to pay customers with ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, over-the-counter