The Wife of Plateau State Governor, Mrs. Regina Lalong, on Tuesday offered free medical outreach to over 5,000 Internally Displaced Persons, (IDPs) in the state in celebration of her birthday.
This, she did under her pet project, Support Women Initiatives to Transform Children,s Foundation (SWITCH) in Partnership with Tina Bawa foundation.
Our correspondent gathered that some of the IDPs were those who fled from the North East as a result of insecurity and those displaced as a result of the crisis in Plateau.
Also food items which includes,Bags of rice , cartoons of indomie, cartoons of beverage , blankets were donated to the IDPs.
Speaking at the occasion which took place at the stephanious Foundation in Bukuru, Jos South LGA, Mrs Lalong said she was moved by the plight of the IDPs in the state.
She said she would continue to Carter and provide for the less privileged in the society saying: “The Federal and State government is doing everything possible to ensure that IDPs return to their homes. We shall continue to promote peacefully coexistence among citizens of the state.”
Speaking earlier, Tina Bawa, the founder of Tina Bawa Foundation thanked the first lady for partnering with Tina Bawa Foundation to impact on the lives of IDPs in the state.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List