A member of the Plateau State House of Assembly, Hon. Barr. Henry Soembis Longs, has passed away.
Longs, who represented Pankshin South Constituency on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) died in Jos on Sunday, November 28, shortly after undergoing a surgery.
The Chairman of the House Committee on Information, Philip Dasun, confirmed Longs’ death on Sunday.
“It’s true we lost one of our members this evening. The lawmaker representing Pankshin South State Constituency, Henry Long. He had a problem in one of his legs and had gone for surgical operation. Unfortunately, he could not make it. His death is really very sad and we will miss him.” he said.
Meanwhile, Plateau State Governor Simon Bako Lalong has expressed sadness over the death of Longs.
Governor Lalong said he received the news of the death with shock and is deeply grieved by the demise of the State Legislator who he describes as a promising politician, legal practitioner and committed citizen of Plateau State.
Lalong said the late Hon. Henry Longs had been up and doing in representing the interests of his Constituency at the State House of Assembly and did his best to enhance the delivery of dividends of democracy to the electorates across the entire State.
He prayed God grants Longs’ soul eternal rest.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Ndudi Elumelu wins PDP Reps ticket for 5th term
- FG imposes new tax on phone-calls to fund healthcare
- Abia Speaker wins PDP’s ticket for House of Reps
- Ali Isa emerges as PDP’s Balanga/Billiri Federal Constituency, Gombe, candidate
- Breaking…..Wahab Issa, Mohammed Ajia declared winner of PDP Reps primaries
- Lagos PDP calls for cancellation of primaries
- Commission begins screening of intending Christian pilgrims
- Ortom expresses satisfaction with work on roads, other projects
- 2023 Presidency: Lawan begs Kano to swing in his favour
- I’ll reform education sector if elected president —Lawan