The Imo State Police Command said investigators are now on the trail of a landlord and his five children accused of killing one of their tenants, Udochukwu Iwuoha, whose traditional wedding was slated for today (Saturday).
The victim was allegedly attacked by his landlord and children, on Thursday during a fight at 50, Onumonu Street in Owerri.
The Commissioner of Police, Imo State Police Command, Mr. Chris Ezike, who confirmed the incident, said the suspects were on the run.
But he has assured the family that the suspects would be tracked down and apprehended.
According to Iwuoha’s elder brother, Gerald, the victim was stabbed with a kitchen knife during the fight.
He said in a Facebook post, “This is how my little brother was killed for telling his landlord to move out his poultry from his room window because of the smell that the poultry generate in his room,
“Yoyo as I always call you, rest in peace but the landlord will pay dearly for this wicked act of crime against humanity.”
The fight with the landlord, who has been identified as Paul Oparaugo, reportedly took place between 9pm and 10pm.
The victim, an indigene of Agbaja in Nwangele area of the state, was said to have been rushed to different hospitals by his neighbors but he was rejected in each of them.
According to an eyewitness, the hospitals all demanded a police report before he could be treated but he eventually died while he was being conveyed for treatment
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal