The Imo State Police Command said investigators are now on the trail of a landlord and his five children accused of killing one of their tenants, Udochukwu Iwuoha, whose traditional wedding was slated for today (Saturday).
The victim was allegedly attacked by his landlord and children, on Thursday during a fight at 50, Onumonu Street in Owerri.
The Commissioner of Police, Imo State Police Command, Mr. Chris Ezike, who confirmed the incident, said the suspects were on the run.
But he has assured the family that the suspects would be tracked down and apprehended.
According to Iwuoha’s elder brother, Gerald, the victim was stabbed with a kitchen knife during the fight.
He said in a Facebook post, “This is how my little brother was killed for telling his landlord to move out his poultry from his room window because of the smell that the poultry generate in his room,
“Yoyo as I always call you, rest in peace but the landlord will pay dearly for this wicked act of crime against humanity.”
The fight with the landlord, who has been identified as Paul Oparaugo, reportedly took place between 9pm and 10pm.
The victim, an indigene of Agbaja in Nwangele area of the state, was said to have been rushed to different hospitals by his neighbors but he was rejected in each of them.
According to an eyewitness, the hospitals all demanded a police report before he could be treated but he eventually died while he was being conveyed for treatment
- Two suspects arrested for possessing, selling counterfeit N1000 notes
- Nigerian Actress enters trouble for spraying, stepping on new naira notes
- TINUBU’S CAMPAIGN SHUTS DOWN EKITI, SAYS NOTHING CAN STOP APC’S VICTORY
- 2023: Muslim Media Watch Urges Security Agencies To Fine-Tune Strategies
- IGP orders arrest, prosecution of sellers of new naira note
- Buhari speaks on new naira notes redesign amidst hardships
- NPC boss warns against extortion from applicants
- Tribunal judgement: I have faith in judiciary – Gov. Adeleke
- PoS surcharge: Operators allege bank officials sell cash to them
- Oyo Governor, Makinde Suspends Campaign Activities Over Fuel, Naira Crisis