The Cross River State Police Command on Monday announced the arrest of one Johnson Richard-Inem, the alleged mastermind of the Oct. 24 looting and vandalism at the Calabar International Conference Centre.
The Command also disclosed that items including chillers, over 1000 pieces of customised chairs and customised designer carpets, among other items, were recovered from the suspect.
The State Police Commisioner, Mr Abdulkadir Jimoh, told journalists on Monday in Calabar that Richard-Inem, who is an automobile mechanic, was arrested at Esuk Otu, behind NTA Calabar, with the items.
“We arrested the suspect based on actionable intelligence during the house-to-house search which started on Sunday in the state.
“We have put plain cloth personnel in place to cultivate intelligence and to ensure that all perpetrators and receivers are arrested and brought to book.
“Anyone who still has looted items in their possession is warned to return them within the next 24 hours. So far, we have recovered over 1000 customised chairs, chillers, rug carpets, air conditioners and many other items.
“We are not resting on our oars; we also want to urge traditional rulers and religious leaders to make announcements in their various domains by urging those who took government property to return them immediately,” he said.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)