The Police command in Ogun says it has rescued three out of four of its men, abducted by hoodlums at Aba Tuntun community in Ijebu Igbo in the Ijebu North Local Government Area of Ogun.
The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr Abimbola Oyeyemi, made the disclosure while speaking with newsmen in Abeokuta on Saturday.
Oyeyemi said that a Constable, Mr Emmanuel Gene, was still being held captive by the hoodlums.
The spokesman said that the police had deployed operatives to the area to rescue the missing policeman.
He said that three suspects had been arrested in connection with the abduction and that they were helping the police in investigations.
According to Oyeyemi, the village head has sent a petition to the police that some hoodlums are in possession of dangerous weapons in the village.
“The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Ijebu Igbo, led his team to the place on Thursday with vigilantes and recovered six single barrel guns, 16 Dane guns, 16 cartridges and arrested the suspects.
“While taking the suspects and the weapons to the station, some hoodlums ambushed them and abducted four of the policemen.
“They shot the DPO in the arm and freed the suspects.
“We have rescued three of the policemen abducted. We don’t know the whereabouts of the constable among them.
“We have arrested three suspects and they are helping us in the investigation,” Oyeyemi stated.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate
- Senate Moves to Whittle Down Powers of CBN Governor
- National Assembly’s Clerk, Amos Ojo solicits support for security agencies
- 2022 Olojo: Ooni assures of restoration of Nigeria’s lost glory