Alexandre Lacazette, the club’s highest goalscorer those season, sent goalkeeper Edouard Mendy the wrong way from the penalty spot in the first half before Granit Xhaka curled in a superb free-kick 10 minutes later to put Arteta’s side in control.
British/Nigerian player, Bukayo Saka’s cross then dropped into the top corner early in the second half to put the game to bed despite Tammy Abraham’s second half consolation goal.
Apart from a few skirmishes by Chelsea in the second half, it was a well-deserved victory for Arsenal, who climb to 14th.
More photos below.
- SON issues MANCAP certificates to 102 companies in Kano
- KAM Holding Gets SON Applause, Bags 6 MANCAP Certificates (PHOTOS)
- ASUU: Lectures receive full salaries for November, without arrears
- Osun Speaker, Owoeye meets Governor Adeleke
- Adeleke tasks panels to recover ”looted” state assets
- Lawmaker assures release of detained Nigerian lady in UAE
- Qatar says 500 death toll of World Cup workers recorded
- Justice Nyako seeks appointment of more judges for speedy justice dispensation
- Tinubu in Abuja not in the United States says APC PCC
- Aishatu Gobir delivers UNILORIN 219th Inaugural Lecture Dec. 1