ABOUT three persons were reported dead with several injured and many houses destroyed by rainstorm in Kankara Local Government Area of Katsina state.
The Information Officer of the LGA, Malam Abdulkarim Sani, who disclosed this to newsmen on Sunday said the rain started on Saturday night and lasted until Sunday morning.
According to him, during the heavy rain several houses collapsed and the roofs of others were blown away by the rainstorm.
According to him, one of the victims died when the wall of her room, which was made up of mud blocks, collapsed on her.
Sani revealed that the victims were buried on Sunday morning according to Islamic rites.
He added that a staff member at the information unit of the council, Malam Surajo Zabo, also lost his wife during the incident.
Mohammed said that the agency would on June 13, pay a fact finding visit to the affected areas to know the exact number of the affected people. (www
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus