The Oluwo of Iwoland, Oba Abdulrasheed Adewale Akanbi, has announced the dethronement of all traditional titles accorded Mr. Abiola Ogundokun, an indigene of Iwo and a former NPN national publicity secretary.
The stripping off of the title was announced in his palace while addressing his traditional chiefs.
According to Oluwo, the disengagement was not unconnected with the unruly disposition of Ogundokun portraying Iwo negatively. He added the embattled Ogundokun actions and utterances as treasonable, saying he is found of anti-Iwo plans.
It was learnt Ogundokun nearly stepped on Oluwo at a function yesterday where the monarch seated. He went further to a radio station, Rave FM, Osogbo and condemned Iwoland and her sons.
Oba Akanbi disclosed his action as necessary for Iwo to progress, pointing that no village, town, city need someone like Ogundokun if it must move forward.
“As the ruler and custodian of all Traditional, Cultural religious and social clubs in Iwoland, I hereby relief him of all his traditional and social titles ranging from Basorun Muslim of Iwoland, member of Iwo Board of Trustees (IBOT) , Otun Balogun of Iwoland and other proposed titles that may be accorded to him from Iwo. A Chief is appointed to favour the town. Any Chief, either traditional or religious found treasonable should be dealt with accordingly. Ogundokun is one of them. I removed him after due consultation with Chiefs, religious leaders, stakeholders and opinion leaders in the interest of Iwo”
“He went far radio station to molest Iwo, the crown and her subjects. It is high time we show him off. He is a liability to our land. The Oluwo of Iwoland admitted him to redeem him but later discovered he is an unrepentant and irredeemable being. He has no respect for Iwo and need to be treated like a traitor”.
Ogundokun has been relieved by the penultimate Oluwo of Iwo, the Late Oba Abimbola. The recent inclusion was for re-enactment by the paramount ruler of Iwoland.
God created many prophets before He casted out Satan. Ogundokun is the evil that must be castes out.
Oluwo admonished his Chiefs to to be supportive, pointing any anti-Iwo suspecting Chief will be suspended and cast out. He said his dream of promoting Iwo to an enviable height is intact and unceasing.
- Court fines PRP’s presidential candidate, Kola Abiola, for late documents filing
- Two FRSC officers crushed to death by truck in Akwa Ibom
- World cup: Host country Qatar eliminated
- How pastors treWe both wept when Sammie Okposo told me how pastors treated him – Apostle Suleman
- My presidential ambition is for Nigeria’s future– Peter Obi
- PDP reschedules campaign flag off in Nasarawa over police permit
- UniAbuja ASUU protest unpaid salaries
- Unilorin V-C extols Prof. Gambari’s virtues @ 78
- EFCC secures 3,328 convictions in 11 months – Chairman
- Buhari condoles with family of Gospel Musician, Sammie Okposo