The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the Osun State governorship election inconclusive.
The reason for the cancellation, according to the electoral body, is because the number of cancelled votes is higher than the margin between the two top candidates – Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party and Gboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress.
INEC declared the election inconclusive after announcing that the People’s Democratic Party candidate, Ademola Adeleke, polled 254,698 while APC candidate scored 254,345 votes.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 62 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections
- Tstv accepts pay per view model against other stakeholders
- Breaking…. Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Bill demanding to Legalize Power Rotation stepped down in Senate