Some suspected bandits on Tuesday attacked a mosque while worshippers were breaking their fast, killing three persons.
It was learnt that the attackers, numbering about 50, also abducted many worshippers from the mosque and took them to an unknown location, ROYAL NEWS reports.
It was gathered that the incident occurred at Baba Juli village in Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State.
The terrorists had some time last month reportedly attacked the village but were forced to flee after serious exchange of fire.
A resident of the village, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “Yesterday’s attack caught us unawares. We were breaking our fast inside the mosque when we started hearing gun shots and there was nothing we could do to counter the terrorists.”
He said three persons were killed inside the mosque by the terrorists and many villagers were abducted and taken to unknown location.
The spokesperson for Taraba State Police Command, DSP Usman Abdullahi, confirmed the incident but said he was waiting for more details from the police Divisional office in Bali.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- PHOTO NEWS: Faces at NDC security seminar held in Abuja
- EFCC traces N130m illegal trasnfer into ex-Speaker Patricia Etteh’s account
- FCTA laments influx of beggars from states
- NERC releases update on alleged Tariff increment
- Saraki woos Osun PDP delegates, canvasses support for Adeleke
- PHOTO NEWS: Tinubu visits Kwara, salutes Emir Sulu-Gambari
- Tinubu assures of victory against any PDP candidate
- KWACCIMA pleads with FG to reopen Kwara, Niger borders
- Minister promises NDC more supports for effective performance
- 2023: Why I want to contest for Ilorin West/ Asa Reps— Ajia