Some suspected bandits on Tuesday attacked a mosque while worshippers were breaking their fast, killing three persons.
It was learnt that the attackers, numbering about 50, also abducted many worshippers from the mosque and took them to an unknown location, ROYAL NEWS reports.
It was gathered that the incident occurred at Baba Juli village in Bali Local Government Area of Taraba State.
The terrorists had some time last month reportedly attacked the village but were forced to flee after serious exchange of fire.
A resident of the village, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said, “Yesterday’s attack caught us unawares. We were breaking our fast inside the mosque when we started hearing gun shots and there was nothing we could do to counter the terrorists.”
He said three persons were killed inside the mosque by the terrorists and many villagers were abducted and taken to unknown location.
The spokesperson for Taraba State Police Command, DSP Usman Abdullahi, confirmed the incident but said he was waiting for more details from the police Divisional office in Bali.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS