SINET urges Buhari to approve dredging of Nigerian borders
President Muhammadu Buhari has been advised to consider the immediate approval of dredging of the nation’s land borders to serve as barrier with her neighbouring countries in order to proffer long lasting solution to the smuggling of illegal items to Nigeria.
This, according to a statement signed by the National Coordinator of the Social Integrity Network, (SINET) Comrade Ibrahim Issa, will further compliment the efforts of the Nigeria Customs Service, (NCS) towards securing the nation’s porous border.
He noted that, “the project, when done, will provide absolute security and protection of Nigeria border and relief Customs from tailing smugglers around official and unofficial routes. The pit should be 60m deep and 30m wide. Such border barrier also exists between the United State of America, (USA) and Mexico but in different form.
“The barrier dredging project would be economical, less stressful and efficient as instrument for border control mechanism. It is high time we start thinking and embarking on projects that can sustain the relative peace and security enjoyed by Nigerians in the recent time due to the closure of land borders.”
Comrade Issa however commended the relentless efforts of the Customs Officers for their painstaking strides towards getting rid of smugglers out of the nation by abiding strictly by the regulations of border closure policy by the federal government.
He also thanked Nigerians for enduring the seeming hardship that the policy might caused within the short time stressing that, “It is only with unity and peace that Nigeria’s growth and development can be accelerated.”
Copyright 2023 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- What Buhari told Nigerians in his 38–paragraph final address
- Yoruba nation promoters take over FG Radio station, declares self-govt
- President Buhari confers citizenship on 385 foreigners
- I have made Nigeria better– Buhari insists
- Bakare utters suprising statements as Tinubu takes over power tomorrow
- Tuition increment: 2 UNIABUJA students expelled
- Defence Minister hand-over to Perm Sec., Ibrahim Kana
- Lagos to ban parking on roads
- South-east eternally grateful for Second Niger Bridge completion– Soludo
- Buhari, Shettima, Sultan, others attend Inauguration in Abuja