No fewer than six wheelchairs have been donated to the Special Sports Basketball Team by the Kwara State Government.
The Captain of the team, Felix Oyediran, in a statement on Thursday in Ilorin, said that Gov. Abdulfatah Ahmed approved the delivery of six basketball wheelchairs to the association
He commended the governor for providing tremendous support to people with disability.
“The latest of this support is the procurement of six basketball wheelchairs and we must also commend the Chief of Staff, Alhaji Abdulwahab Babatunde for his efforts,” Oyediran said.
While thanking the governor for his support, the team captain appealed to him to also provide employment for people with disability in order to reduce Read also:2019: APC can’t rule Nigeria—Sule Lamido some of their challenges.
“We want to remind the state government regarding the provision of employment for the people with disabilities. “This was part of our requests to the government before now,” Oyediran said. The captain said that the six wheelchairs would be used at the forthcoming 6th Rt. Hon. Victor Oche International Wheelchair Basketball Championship in Lagos in October.
The competition is scheduled to hold at the Sir Molade Okoya Sports Hall, Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos, from Oct. 22 to Oct. 28.
- ROYAL NEWS Online Newspaper clocks 10 from scratch to stardom
- NSCDC arrest 7 suspects over alleged energy theft/meter tampering in Kwara
- SAD….34-year-old Sodiq Adebisi dies during football training
- 150 Days in Office: CDS, Gen. CG Musa: A Pragmatic silent achiever
- Ibadan-based herbalist, Ojuwoni Atakoro, one other remanded in Ilorin prison
- Proper use of national budget, critical to economic dev —Akpabio
- EFCC, DSS, NCoS bosses To Face Reps C’ttee Over Failed Attempt To Rearrest Emefiele
- Senator Hussaini sympathises with Kaduna people over misdirected bombing
- Senator Natasha seeks NCDMB, NAFDAC partnership on alternative medicine
- Senate gives NPA 48hrs ultimatum to produce unaccounted $1.8bn