Some heavily armed bandits on Thursday invaded two commercial banks at Ile-Oluji town in Ondo state, leaving four persons feared dead in the process.
The bandits were said to have taken place around 5 o’clock in the evening.
The identities of those that were killed by the robbers included two policemen while the remaining two victims could not be ascertained.
An eyewitness told our correspondent that the robbers gained entry into the bank through the aid of dynamites and carted away undisclosed millions of naira from the two banks.
Confirming incident, the state Police spokesperson, Mr Femi Joseph said more policemen and soldiers had been deployed to in and around Ile-Oluji town to track down the armed robbers.
- Why there is hunger, poverty in Bauchi State— Ex-CAS, Sadique
- 12yrs of exit: Remembering Alh. S.A. Arowona everyday with prayers
- 52 new Pharmacists emerged at UNILORIN
- Reps reject Naira swap extension, threatens Emefiele’s arrest
- UNILORIN: Female varsity don performs first cancer-of-the-eye treatment
- Fuel scarcity bites harder in Dutse as litre hits N340
- New Notes: We will monitor banks’ vaults– CBN
- Rail transport system coming to Ebonyi soon– Umahi
- Art Legendary, Oladejo Akinlonu dies at 60
- Dogara takes over today as new NYSC DG