Connect with us

News

Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees

Published

on

Aminu Waziri Tambuwal

Leadership of the Sokoto State House of Assembly on Thursday confirmed the 26 commissioner-nominees presented to it by Gov. Aminu Tambuwal.

Tambuwal, who is of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), secured a second term in office after he defeated the All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate, Alhaji Ahmad Aliyu, with a slight margin of 342 votes in the 2019 governorship election.

Newsmen report that the current Assembly’s tenure would expire next week.

The incoming Assembly has 14 PDP lawmakers while APC has 16.

The confirmation followed a motion by the Majority Leader, Alhaji Garba Bello, who said it was in line with Section 192 of the Constitution.

”Gov. Aminu Tambuwal has submitted 26 names of nominees to be appointed as commissioners and members of the State Executive Council.

“The persons so recommended for the appointment are persons of proven integrity and dedication and had served the state and the nation in various capacities and thus will assist the governor in discharging his statutory responsibilities,” he said.

The Majority Leader called on the House to dissolve into Committee of the Whole for the screening of the nominees.

The Deputy Speaker, Alhaji Abubakar Magaji, who presided at plenary, announced the confirmation of the nominees through unanimous votes.

He further disclosed that the House received another letter from the governor containing a list of 40 persons to be appointed as Special Advisers.

Magaji said they would assist in the execution of government policies and programmes for the benefit of the citizens.

NAN reports that the current Speaker of the House, Alhaji Salihu Maidaji, a son of former governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, Sagir, and member representing Tambuwal/Kebbe Federal Constituency, Alhaji Abdussamad Dasuki, made the list of confirmed commissioners.

Also confirmed were immediate past Secretaty to the State Government, Prof. Bashir Garba, defeated PDP House of Assembly candidate, Dr Balarabe Kakale, and former House of Representatives members, Alhaji Umar Bature and Alhaji Arzika Tureta.

Others were Abdullahi Maigwandu, retired Col. Garba Moyi, Prof. Aisha Madawaki, Sulaiman Usman (SAN) and Kulu Haruna among others.

Facebook Comments
10 Comments

10 Comments

1. Coffee Capsules Nespresso Compatible

June 11, 2019 at 1:58 pm

I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

2. yoga Ibiza holidays

June 13, 2019 at 3:45 am

Hello, just wantd to tell you, I enjohed this article.

It was practical. Keep on posting!

3. office toilet refurbishments

June 13, 2019 at 9:53 am

Hi, i feel that i noticed you visited my site so i came to
    �return the prefer�.I amm trying to to find issues to enhance my webb site!I
    suppose its adequatee to make use of a few of your ideas!!

4. Neck And Shoulder Pain Treatment

June 13, 2019 at 12:17 pm

I wish to show thanks to this writer just for bailing me
    out of such a problem. Just after searching through
    the the net and finding opinions thaat were not beneficial, I figured
    my entire life was done. Being alive minus the answers to the issues you have sorted out byy way of the guide is a serious case, andd the ones which could have negatively affected my entire career if I hadn’t come across your web blog.
    Your main knowledge and kindnesss in controlling aall areas waas tremendous.
    I don’t know what I would have donne if I hadn’t discovered such a step like this.
    I’m able to now look forward to my future. Thanks very
    much for the expert and amazing guide. I won’t hesitate to
    propose the sites to anyone who should have recommendations about
    this area.

5. android free icon packs

June 19, 2019 at 2:58 am

Hi therte tto all, how is everything, I think
    every one is getting more fom this web site, aand
    yokur views are nice designed for new visitors.

6. entertainment

June 19, 2019 at 1:33 pm

It’ѕ ɑmazing for me to have a web page, which is good designed for my experience.
    thanks admin

7. car body repair shops Cardiff

June 22, 2019 at 5:44 pm

I simply wanted to construct a small word to thank you foor these unique ways
    you are giving on this website. My time consuming internet investigation has
    at the end of the day been compensated with
    beneficial factts to go over with mmy good friends.
    I would laim that most of us site visitors actully are
    truly fortunate to exist in a fabulous community with
    many outstanding people with helpful pointers. I fwel somewhat
    fortunate to have seen your webpages and look forward to many morte cokol tkmes
    rezding here. Thank youu once more for all the details.

8. where can i buy Raised garden beds

June 25, 2019 at 4:38 am

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing this article and also the rest of
    the site is extremely good.

9. Cornwall fire service

June 25, 2019 at 5:23 am

This is a very good tip particularly to those
    fresh to tthe blogosphere. Simple bbut very precise information…

Appreciate your sharing this one. A must read post!

10. https://www.kumarsiteleri4.com/

June 25, 2019 at 2:01 pm

I’ve been surfing on-line more than 3 hours as of late, yet I by no means found any attention-grabbing article like yours.
    It’s lovely worth enough for me. Personally, if all website
    owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the
    net will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.