Traditional ruler lauds Buhari on Mambilla Power Project
Dr Shehu Baju II, the traditional ruler of Mambilla in Taraba has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for executing the long awaited Mambilla Hydropower project.
Baju II gave the commendation when members of the sensitisation committee on the project visited him in Gembu on Tuesday.
He assured them of ensuring an enabling environment for the effective take-off of the project.
Baju 11 said his people were anxious to see the completion of the 3,050 MW capacity project adding that communities across the Mambilla Plateau were waiting to count their gains from the project.
“Playing host to the multi-billion-naira project is a thing of joy because of the numerous benefits the people stand to gain.
“It therefore behooved on us as the host community to take proactive steps to give the needed support for maximum results,” he said.
The Royal Father lauded the federal and the state government for taking the bold steps to kick start the commencement of the project.
Dr Garba Badina, who led other committee members on the visit said that the essence was to seek for the royal fathers’ blessing towards successful take off of the project.
Badina, also the state’s Commissioner for Power, said that the aerial and land survey of the site of the project have been carried out, adding that after the sensitisation, enumeration of affected communities and households would commence.
He sought for the cooperation of the traditional ruler and his people towards successful take off of the project.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Fuel subsidy: Court stops NLC, TUC, others from embarking on strike
- Kwara Gov meets labour leaders on fuel subsidy removal
- Fuel subsidy: Kwara govt. reduces workdays for civil servants
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic announces retirement from football
- NYSC presents court with documents to prove certificate forgery by Peter Mbah
- Reactions trail ‘drop’ in cooking gas price
- Professionalism and Patriotism: Toun Okewale’s achievements speak loudly
- About 490,000 Job Opportunities Awaiting Nigerians Here—NDPB
- Subsidy: Electricity workers to embark on nationwide strike
- Return missing bullet proof jeeps within 5 days– Zamfara Gov tells Matawalle