Dr Shehu Baju II, the traditional ruler of Mambilla in Taraba has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for executing the long awaited Mambilla Hydropower project.
Baju II gave the commendation when members of the sensitisation committee on the project visited him in Gembu on Tuesday.
He assured them of ensuring an enabling environment for the effective take-off of the project.
Baju 11 said his people were anxious to see the completion of the 3,050 MW capacity project adding that communities across the Mambilla Plateau were waiting to count their gains from the project.
“Playing host to the multi-billion-naira project is a thing of joy because of the numerous benefits the people stand to gain.
“It therefore behooved on us as the host community to take proactive steps to give the needed support for maximum results,” he said.
The Royal Father lauded the federal and the state government for taking the bold steps to kick start the commencement of the project.
Dr Garba Badina, who led other committee members on the visit said that the essence was to seek for the royal fathers’ blessing towards successful take off of the project.
Badina, also the state’s Commissioner for Power, said that the aerial and land survey of the site of the project have been carried out, adding that after the sensitisation, enumeration of affected communities and households would commence.
He sought for the cooperation of the traditional ruler and his people towards successful take off of the project.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)