Dr Shehu Baju II, the traditional ruler of Mambilla in Taraba has lauded President Muhammadu Buhari for executing the long awaited Mambilla Hydropower project.
Baju II gave the commendation when members of the sensitisation committee on the project visited him in Gembu on Tuesday.
He assured them of ensuring an enabling environment for the effective take-off of the project.
Baju 11 said his people were anxious to see the completion of the 3,050 MW capacity project adding that communities across the Mambilla Plateau were waiting to count their gains from the project.
“Playing host to the multi-billion-naira project is a thing of joy because of the numerous benefits the people stand to gain.
“It therefore behooved on us as the host community to take proactive steps to give the needed support for maximum results,” he said.
The Royal Father lauded the federal and the state government for taking the bold steps to kick start the commencement of the project.
Dr Garba Badina, who led other committee members on the visit said that the essence was to seek for the royal fathers’ blessing towards successful take off of the project.
Badina, also the state’s Commissioner for Power, said that the aerial and land survey of the site of the project have been carried out, adding that after the sensitisation, enumeration of affected communities and households would commence.
He sought for the cooperation of the traditional ruler and his people towards successful take off of the project.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- Train attack victims: FG reveals details on alleged ransome paid
- AbdulRazaq greets Muslims, attends Kwara’s annual Maulid celebration
- Buhari presents N20.51trn 2023 budget to National Assembly
- Gbajabiamila Pledges Timely Passage of 2023 Budget
- Al-Hikmah varsity Founder offers scholarships to late Sheikh Aboto’s children
- Oil theft has put economic diversification under serious threat—-Lawan
- BREAKING…Appeal Court orders ASUU to call off strike
- Buhari makes last budget presentation as president
- FG declares Monday Oct. 10 as public holiday