The Defence Headquarters says the troops of Operation Whirl Stroke and 117 Guards Battalion have eliminated four armed bandits and kidnappers leading to the rescue of three victims in Nasarawa and Taraba States.
The Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Maj.-Gen. John Enenche, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday in Abuja.
Enenche said the troops while on joint clearance operation on Friday, around Mararaba Udege in Nasarawa State, raided a suspected kidnappers’ camp along Bakonu road in Nasarawa Local Government Area.
He disclosed that three kidnapped victims were rescued while two kidnappers were killed in action, adding that the rescued victims had been reunited with their families.
Enenche further disclosed that troops of Sector 2 conducted a dawn raid operation at an identified hideout following credible intelligence on the possible regrouping of some elements linked to late Gana around Kwaghaondo village in Chanchanji council ward of Takum Local Government Area of Taraba.
He added that the troops made contact with the armed militia elements killing two of them.
According to him, one AK 47 rifle, one magazine and 15 rounds of 7.62mm Special ammunition were recovered.
“Currently, troops have continued to dominate the area with aggressive patrols and ambushes to deny bandits freedom of action.
“The Armed Forces of Nigeria and other security agencies remain committed, resolute and determined to curtail the activities of insurgents, bandits and other criminal elements in the country.
“Members of the general public are requested to always continue to provide timely information on the activities of criminals in their various localities to the nearest military and other security agencies location for prompt action,” he said.
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92