Two teenagers have been confirmed dead after drowning inside a pond in Fako village, Minjibir Local Government Area of Kano State.
It was gathered that the teenagers went swimming in the pond when the incident happened.
The Council Chairman, Sale Ado-Minjibir confirmed the incident to newsmen in the state on Thursday August 12.
He identified the children as Uzaifa Yusufa and Buhari Abdulwahab who were below 15 years of age.
He also advised parents to be vigilant about the whereabouts of their children and prevent them from going to the pond to swim in order to avert the reoccurrence of such incidence.
“The children drowned when they went swimming in the pond which children in the area are fond of doing during this rainy season.
“We urge the parents to be vigilant and ensure their wards don’t go to such places to avoid reoccurrence of such ugly incidence,” Ado-Minjibir however noted.
- American journalist collapses, dies at Qatar World Cup
- ICPC: D’banj breaks silence after release
- Tinubu better than Peter Obi, but he’s a drug lord– Reno
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele