ROYAL NEWS reports that this was gathered from the 2021 JAMB Policy Document issued at the end of the policy meeting held in Abuja last week.
It indicated that with a total number of 76, 466 admission candidates in the 2021 UTME, UNILORIN led other universities in the country to retain the first slot it had maintained since 2013.
The Better by far University is followed on the tally table by the University of Lagos, Akoka, with 59,190 candidates. In the third position is the University of Benin with 49,763 candidates.
Other universities on the top-ten table are the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, 47,239; the Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, 45,920; Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, 44,509; Bayero University, 44,352; Nnamdi Azikiwe University, 43542; Obafemi Awolowo University, 42, 614 and the University of Jos, 38,309.
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection
- Ronaldo denies reports he swore at Portugal coach over substitution
- Lagos marks International Day of Persons with Disabilities
- Soludo presents appointment letters to 5, 000 newly recruited teachers in Anambra
- Again, INEC office set ablaze in Imo
- No end to fuel scarcity — Oil marketers
- Naira depreciates marginally, exchanges at 445.83 to dollar
- YABATECH suspends ‘students’ week’ over shooting incident on campus
- Again Twitter suspends Kanye’s account for violating rules