The Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC), Prof. Mahmood Yakubu, has disclosed that the agency never complained over finances as factor for the election postponement.
He added that INEC has made provisions for physically challenged person, Albinos , deaf and dumb as well as visually impaired prospective voters in order to enable them participate in the voting exercise.
This was part of the questions answered at the ongoing press conference in Abuja. According to him, “As for he case of finances, we are not complaining.”
He categorically tendered apologies to Nigerians for the postponement following the piblic outburst of the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, (APC), Comrade Adam’s Oshiomole, describing the postponement as a national disgrace.
Yakubu said: “Myself and other commissioners have been sleeping at the Abuja airport in the last three days, ensuring that all materials are dispatched to states across the federation. Up till 2am, we were still confidence of our preparation and still determined to carry out the exercise.”
“As I have said earlier, we regret over the postponement”, he said.
- Kwara govt set to sanction owned-tertiary institutions over unlawful recruitments
- Why I stripped naked to pray for Tinubu’ victory– Olaiya Igwe
- Labour Party suspends Arabambi over anti-party activities
- Asake apologizes for appearance at Birmingham shpw
- How I became Radio Presenter, Event Entertainer — Omo Culture
- Gov. Sanni Bello’s Spokesperson, Noel-Berje bags Media Personality Award
- Bandits tackles FG, military of ‘benefitting from insecurity’
- FG lost N113m over Abuja-Kaduna railway closure – NRC
- Aisha Buhari withdraws case against critic Aminu Mohammed
- INEC announces dates for PVCs collection