Vaness Bryant has reacted after her mother Sofia Laine granted an interview, claiming she kicked her out of her house and collected her car after Kobe Bryant’s death.
Sofia Laine sat with Univision‘s El Gorda y La Flaca. She told interviewer David Valadez she was being dropped by her daughter in the wake of Kobe’s passing.
She claimed: “[Vanessa] told me, ‘I need you to get out of this house.’ She also told me that she wanted her car and she wants it now.”
Vanessa Bryant, whose husband and daughter died only months ago, released a statement to Univision responding to her mother’s shocking accusations.
She wrote: “My husband and daughter passed away unexpectedly, and yet my mother had the audacity to do a television interview speaking negatively of me while shedding tears for a car and a house that were not in her name.”
Reacting to her mother’s appearance and surroundings in the interview, Vanessa accused her mother of essentially trying to trick viewers to get sympathy.
She said: “She has removed all her diamond jewelry, emptied the apartment I provided, and put away the furniture to make it look like she doesn’t have my support. My husband and I have supported her financially for the past 20 years, and continue to do so, in addition to her monthly alimony.”
She added: “Contrary to previous reports, she has not been physically present or emotionally supportive of my daughters and me after my husband and daughter passed away. Now I see what is most important to my mother and it’s more than painful. I hope that everything that is coming out about our personal relationship ends here.”
Back in February, an Us Weekly source said Sofia Laine was Vanessa’s “rock” throughout the tragedy but Vanessa’s statement suggests otherwise.
It is still unclear what exactly happened that caused damage to the relationship between Vanessa and her mother.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- 62 National Day, Sen. Enang urges Nigerians to keep hope alive
- Sheikh Aboto’s death has left another vacuum in dawwah activities— Emir of Ilorin
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment