WAAFA: Cleric seeks support for orphans, less privileged
An Ilorin-based Islamic Scholar, Sheikh Alubarika Olohunkemi-Arademi, has urged wealthy to remain committed to good deeds in order to get reward from God in this world and the hereafter.
This, he said can be achieved by taking good care of orphans, ROYAL NEWS reports.
He spoke at the maiden Ramadan lecture and facility tour of WAAFA Islamic Orphanage home along Stadium Road, Ilorin.
Arademi admonished the society to have a change of attitudes towards orphans and other vulnerable children.
Represented by Sheikh Ahmad Olohunkemi, the Islamic cleric who spoke on the lecture entitled: “Compassion: Major need of orphan and Vulnerable children” identified qualitative western and Islamic education as major tools for survival.
Sighting the example of Khalifa Umar Ibn Khatab, one of the immediate successors of Prophet Muhammad who personally oversees the affairs of a widow and her children,Sheikh Arademi admonished government at all levels to design a feasible welfare package for orphans and other vulnerable children.
Earlier in a brief remark, the Director of WAAFA Islamic Orphanage home ,Mallam Taofeeq Olagunju said the establishment of the center was conceived by his wife, Hajia Rukayat Olagunju following some challenging confronting Muslim Orphans in the society.
Highlights of the maiden Ramadan lecture included lecture, fund raising for the center while members of the public are enjoined to feel free to bring in Muslim orphans from zero to five years of age with proven evidence.
Download ROYAL NEWS app
- Tinubu swears in Akume as SGF
- Why we didn’t embark on strike over subsidy removal– NLC
- No-Man’s Land: Lagos to make laws toprotect indigenes
- Peace Mass Transit says bus fares will not be increased despite fuel price
- Family releases burial arrangements for late AIT/RayPower CEO, Raymond Dokpesi
- Senate rejects controversial Water Resources Bill
- You’ve represented the dynasty excellently, Emir of Ilorin tells Prof. Gambari
- Tinubu gets Senate’s approval to appoint 20 Special Advisers
- EFCC to arraign 20 internet fraudster suspects in Kwara
- NLC, TUC pictures from Aso Rock Villa