President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday met with the newly appointed Director-General of the Department of State Services, DSS, Yusuf Magaji Bichi, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Bichi was ushered into the president’s office by protocol officials and the duo went into a closed-door session.
When he was asked about their discussion, Bichi said it was private.
He, however, disclosed that the president asked if they had ever come in contact.
“Mr President asked if we had met before, I said No”.
Bichi also added that it was the first time he was seeing the nation’s leader face to face.
Buhari had on September 13 appointed Yusuf Bichi, as the new Director-General.
Bichi, who replaced Lawal Daura, the former DG of the DSS, attended Danbatta Secondary School, the Kano State College of Advanced Studies and the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, where he graduated with a degree in Political Science.
The new Director-General began his career in the security division of the Cabinet Office in Kano, from where he joined the defunct Nigerian Security Organisation (NSO), the precursor of the present DSS.
Bichi had undergone training in intelligence processing analysis, agent handling recruitment and intelligence processing in the UK, as well as strategic training at the National Defence College.
In the course of his career, Bichi was the State Director of Security in Jigawa, Niger, Sokoto and Abia States.
He was at various times the Director, National Assembly Liaison, (National War College), Director at National Headquarters in the Directorate of Security Enforcement, Directorate of Operations, Directorate of Intelligence, Directorate of Inspection and Directorate of Administration and Finance.
Bichi also served as Director at State Service Academy.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal