Award-winning filmmaker, Jade Osiberu, has asked what the Central bank is doing with regards to banks limiting the withdrawal amount at their ATMs to N10, 000.
ATMs can do as much as N20, 000 in a single withdrawal but some banks have decided to limit theirs to N10, 000 per withdrawal which in turn generates extra charges from customers who make use of their machines.
In a tweet posted on her handle, Ms. Osiberu is asking why the apex bank is allowing such. Her tweet reads;
”Nigerian Banks and their fraudulent behavior. ATMs have a capacity of N20k per withdrawal but you limit to N10k so you can charge N35 per withdrawal, on a platform that’s suppose to be a low cost option for servicing your customers. Why is @cenbank allowing this?”
- Hypertension, Diabetes, Cancers, Others Responsible for 22% of Premature Deaths—WHO
- Breaking…… Kwara Gov. makes fresh appointments
- Croatia knocks out ‘confident’ Brazil from Qatar 2022 Fifa World Cup
- Cashless Policy: CBN meets Senate panel on cash withdrawal limit
- Labour Party sacks publicity secretary, Ogun chapter excos
- NUJ recognises Osoba, Dokpesi, others as icons in media industry
- Newly redesigned Naira now in banks, ready for issuance – Emefiele
- FG develops renewable energy policy to add 30,000MW of electricity
- Buhari congratulates ex-Minister of Defence, Theophilus Danjuma at 85
- Buhari celebrates renowned scholar, Prof. Umaru Shehu at 92