The leadership of the Kwara State House has claimed that the member representing Ilorin South constituency, Hon. Jimoh Agboola, was suspended on Tuesday because of his alleged violation of the rules of the house among other offences.
ROYAL NEWS reports that the House Leader, Olawoyin Magaji said Agboola, moved that Hon. Jimoh should be suspended for alleged unguarded and inciting comments while featuring on a radio programme earlier in the day.
The lawkaer maintained that it is ridiculous for Agboola to have gone on air to condem the achievements of the administration of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq and the Legislature that the people have been commending for their giant strides in the last two years.
Other lawmakers who contributed to the motion testified to the laudable efforts of Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq across all sectors especially on infrastructural development.
In his remarks, the Speaker of the house, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Danladi-Salihu, however referred the matter to Ethics and Privileges Committee of the House for proper investigation and urged it to report back as soon as possible.
- Gov. Sule approves N1.5bn for upgrading Nasarawa Broadcasting Service– Commissioner
- Why we are detaining D’Banj – ICPC
- Adeleke denies withdrawing N5bn from Osun accounts
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate