A woman was left without a forehead for two years after her feet slammed into her face when her car crashed.
Grainne Kealy’s feet were resting on the dashboard when the car she was in crashed and her knees were forced into her face by the airbag that inflated under her feet.
Grainne’s boyfriend’s jeep was travelling at 120mph when the accident happened.
The now 36-year-old, was 22 when the accident happened and she’s still recovering years later.
Doctors had to remove Grainne’s forehead and she said it made her look “a little strange”.
Grainne, from Laois, Ireland, told Fabulous magazine: “When the jeep collided with the wall the airbags inflated as they do but because my feet were on top of mine it actually pushed my feet, knees first into my face.”
She was rushed to hospital with multiple facial fractures and she had a cerebrospinal fluid leak from her brain which required treatment by a neurosurgeon at Dublin’s Beaumont Hospital.
Grainne explained: “They told me that I had pushed in and up my face and they would have to basically pull it all out and put it back together.”
Even though the operation was a success the young woman suffered complications and her forehead was removed.
In 2009 a custom Italian ceramic forehead was fitted but despite being finished with her plastic surgery, Grainne is still dealing with the after effects of the accident.
She said: “I constantly lose words while in the middle of a conversation. This can happen to me 20 times a day.
“I get headaches when too many people are talking around and I sometimes find it difficult to stay focused.”
Now Grainne is trying to spread the message about the dangers of travelling with your feet on the dashboard
She has posted Snapchat pictures of various celebrities sitting in the same position to warn about the dangers.
She wrote on Facebook: “[These] people… do not realise that they are sending out the WRONG message by putting their feet on the dashboard!!”
She added: “If only they knew how dangerous it is.
“To say this breaks my heart would be an understatement. I feel helpless looking at these photos.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections