The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced new dates for the 2023 elections.
This was announced by the National Chairman of the commission, Professor Mahmood Yakubu at a news conference in Abuja, the Federal capital.
According to him, the Presidential and National Assembly elections will now hold on Saturday, February 25, 2023, while governorship and state houses of assembly elections will hold on March 11, 2023.
Yakubu explained that the new date is to allow for conformity with the provisions of the Electoral laws which stipulates that elections notice be published at least 260 days to the elections.
The INEC boss also said the Electoral guidelines will also be published in due course.
- Abia ADC suspends guber candidate, 3 others
- Atiku speaks on forming alliance with Kwankwaso, Peter Obi
- Naira redesign: Emefiele urges NASS, Nigerians to show understanding
- Fuel scarcity may affect election logistics — INEC
- SAD…. PDP campaign rally turns mourning in Sokoto as Tambuwal’s aide, Aisha Maina dies
- Nigeria attains 100% broadband penetration— Buhari
- UPDATED: Jigawa Govt annouces funeral as Emir of Dutse dies at 78
- Buhari inaugurates 5,700-hectare Irrigation Scheme, pledges more relief for flood victims
- 2023 polls will be the best, Senate President assures EU observers, Kenya’s Raila Odinga
- Ondo PoS operators increase charges over scarce new Naira notes