A 30yr-old woman, Cierra Alexis Sutton, has been charged with murder for allegedly killing her boyfriend, Steven Colema.
According to the police, Sutton shot her boyfriend as he slept and then dismembered his body inside their home at Baytown in Texas.
ROYAL NEWS gathered that, Sutton and the victim had gotten into an argument the evening of the incidence.
Later, while the victim was sleeping, Sutton allegedly shot him in the head and dismembered the remains of her slain boyfriend with a machete, wrapped them in sheets and duct tape, loaded them into her Jeep and disposed-off at different dump sites.
“She filed a missing person report on August 18, the paper states. She showed up at a police station and said she’d last seen Coleman two days before the killing Read also: Man, 47 die inside well in Kano and that he’d left home around 10:30 p.m.“, a source revealed.
A neighbor who spoke with the media said: “She acted like she knew nothing about anything. She was trying to call him, hadn’t heard from him”.
Reports said Coleman’s car was still parked at the premises while family and friends told police that they had not heard from him. Another witness also said they saw him moving some pieces of furniture before his sudden disappearance.
Police searched the couple’s apartment about a week after the disappearance and found it “mostly vacant” with blood traces scattered across the bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.
The body was discovered on August 22 at Baytown landfill although DNA has Read also: Group demand details of Buhari’s medical bills not positively identified the remains, the corpse that was found is said to meet the description given.
Sutton reportedly said she would talk to Baytown police about the disappearance before Hurricane Harvey struck the area, but never showed up. With the help of an anonymous tip, police tracked her to a New Orleans suburb, where she had allegedly fled with her daughter.
She was arrested there and charged with murder.
Detectives said several friends reported Sutton confessed to the crime and said she dismembered the victim’s body because he was too heavy to carry. Friends also told detectives that Sutton said her 10 year old daughter was inside the apartment at the time.
- Abducted Ondo monarch regains freedom
- Petrol price disparity: Marketers issue seven-day ultimatum
- KWASSIP starts public workfare programme to alleviate poverty
- Again, naira loses to dollar, exchanges at 445.83
- Sanwo-Olu impregnated my mother in 1994 — Delta man claims he’s gov’s son
- Gov Ortom invites Buhari to commission Benue project
- 2023: Why Nigerians should elect Tinubu — Lagos BRT boss
- ICPC arrest: D’banj reacts to alleged Npower fraud
- UK govt finally declared candidate to support in 2023 polls
- Vote en masse for me in 2023, Atiku begs Osun people