The Makaman Lafiagi, Alhaji Tajudeen Audu, has urged Muslims to remain connected to the virtues of love, tolerant, charity and peaceful co-existence as they mark the completion of the 2018 Ramadhan fast.
In his Eid-Fitr sallah message, Alhaji Audu who is also a gubernatorial aspirant on the platform of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Kwara state said: “It is expedient to remain fervent in prayers for our dear state and nation at large as we come to the end of the sacred month of Ramadan.
” The month of spiritual exercise had come and gone leaving behind numerous lessons capable of repositioning and reshaping the lives of citizens towards nation building and humanitarian inclined benefits. There is need for us to sustain and uphold all the moral values learnt during the sacred month.
“Principles of endurance, perseverance and piety that the holy month taught should always remain the cardinal objectives of all Nigerians irrespective of their religion or political affiliations in order to remain a united and economically viable nation.”
ROYAL NEWS reports the Makaman Lafiagi however appealed to Kwarans to eschew violence and respect constituted authorities by being law abiding during and after the feast even as he prayed Allah to grant us the privilege of witnessing more of Eid-Fitr sallah celebrations on earth.
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS