Eight passengers and a driver escaped death by the whiskers on Tuesday September 8, after a huge tree branch broke off from its trunk and fell on a vehicle in Calabar, the Cross River State capital.
The incident which occurred at the Beebosco junction involved a mini bus that was conveying seven passengers along the Murtala Mohammed Highway.
According to reports from the scene, the driver, Blessing Eyo Nsa is said to have stopped to drop a passenger when the unfortunate incident happened. No passenger is said to have sustained any physical injury while the driver lamented over his damaged vehicle.
The Commissioner for Environment, Mr. Mfon Bassey Mfon, who arrived the scene, confirmed it was “an accident.”
The incident hindered free flow of vehicles but men of Nigeria Police Force arrived on time to prevent traffic jam.
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi
- 2023: Groups target 1million votes for Tinubu in Osun
- Gov. Sanwo-Olu purchases 100 cars for Lagos civil servants