The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Traditional Council, Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari on Wednesday recieved reports of the 2018 annual Durbar festival from members of the committee.
Th committee was led by its Engr. Yahaya Alapansanpa, who paid the monarch a courtesy visit in his palace.
Alhaji Sulu-Gambari expressed appreciation and satisfaction to the committee for organizing a beffitting and historic 2018 durbar even as he offered special prayers for members of the committee.
He further assured that he would do everything possible to sustain the cultural event and praised the committee for their accountability and transparency throughout the epoch making event.
The emir however enjoined all sons and daughters of the Ilorin Emirate to join hands with the committee to ensure a hitch free future celebration adding that the durbar event has come to stay.
The monarch used the opportunity to appeal to the people of the emirate to continue to love one another and ensure meaningful development of the community and cautioned youth against all forms of social vices.
“The event would further bring the people of the emirate under one umbrella and work towards the unity of the ancient city”, he said.
Earlier, the chairman, main committee of the event, Engineer Yahaya Alapansanpa informed the emir that preparations have commenced in earnest in ensuring the 2019 durbar activities and therefore solicited for the support of all sons and daughters of the Emirate for the forthcoming durbar which is close by.
- Kashim Shettima delivers Al-Hikmah convocation lecture
- (PHOTOS) IGP Egbetokun, Amb. Sulu-Gambari, others bag Al-Hikmah Ph.D
- AMR’ll account for 10 million annual deaths by 2050- WHO
- ANHEJ advocates for increased budgetary allocation to health sector
- Emir Sulu-Gambari hosts Kauran Namoda, Imo monarchs in Ilorin (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO NEWS: EFCC Ilorin zonal organises road-walk against corruption
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List