The Emir of Ilorin and Chairman Kwara State Council of Chiefs, Mai-Martaba Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari, has ordered the cancellation of salah homage to the Kwara State Governor, Mallam Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq.
A statement signed by his Media Aide, Mallam Abdulazeez Arowona, said the Emir who is expected to lead other traditional Chiefs in the Ilorin Emirate to pay Eid-el-Fitr visit to the state government house on the second day will no longer embark on the traditional and historic tour.
He said: “This is in line with strict adherence to the lockdown and movement restriction order imposed in the state aimed at curtailing the spread of COVID-19 infection in the state.
” The Emir also enjoined residents of Ilorin Emirate to celebrate this year’s Eid-el-Fitr with decorum and extend charity to the less privileges in a bid to further promote unity and prosperity among citizenry. Alhaji Sulu-Gambari also charged community heads, district heads, ward heads, groups and associations to be vigilant and ensure social distancing during and after sallah celebrations.”
The monarch therefore wishes Muslim ummah a successful Eid-el-Fitr sallah celebrations and pray Allah to grant us the favour to witness more in life.
- DMO issues 2 FGN savings bonds at N1,000 per unit
- Adamawa Govt. increases 2023 budget to N175bn
- SMEDAN empowers 90 youth with sewing machines, others in Plateau
- Rukaiya Atiku backs husband as ‘only candidate who supports women’
- Eto’o tenders apology over violent conduct
- Atiku visits Ooni, pledges restructuring
- Buhari transmits FCT 2023 Budget to Senate
- Obi has nothing to offer Nigerians says APC
- Morocco win Spain 3-0 on penalty knock out
- Kanye celebrates Saint’s 7th birthday at Kim’s house