The Tukur & Tukur Farms FC, Nassarawa State have emerged the winner of the 2021 First Edition of the TY Buratai Peace and Unity Cup.
ROYAL NEWS reports the team defeated FC Learners of Zaria, Kaduna State by 3 goals to 1 in a 90 minutes of actions.
The final played on the synthetic turf of the Tukur & Tukur Farms Stadium along Lafia Express Road Nassarawa State gave the players of the two teams a level playing ground to showcase their football artistry.
The first Stanza of the 45 minutes of attacks and counterattacks which kept spectators and dignitaries on the edges of their seats including the Nigerian Ambassador to the Republic of Benin Lt Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai ended 2-1 in favour of the homeboys doning blue Jerseys.
On resumption of the 2nd half Tukur and Tukur FC Scored the third goal by capitalising on the defensive errors of the FC learners of Zaria sporting white Jerseys.
The Tukur boys deservedly lifted the coveted trophy presented by the Special Guest of honour and Chief Executive Officer of UFAM Holdings Umar Mustapha who described the standard of play as impressive.
Mustapha lauded the initiatives of the sponsors pointing out that the youths are better engaged throughout the football championship rather than getting involved in an undignified activities.
On his part, the Chief host and former Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Yusuf Buratai thanked the sponsors who are committee of friends for committing their personal resources in ensuring the success of the maiden edition of the TY Buratai Peace and Unity Cup 2021.
Ambassador Buratai expressed optimism that the next year edition of the Competition will involve participating teams from the six geo- political Zones of the Country to promote national peace, unity and cohesion.
He said players who distinguished themselves in the game have been penciled down by talent hunters to nuture their raw talents to lace their boots for reputable clubs at National and international levels.
The 2021 First Edition of TY Buratai Peace and Unity Cup which kicked off three months ago, precisely in October and culminated into finals had 16 teams that participated for honours in the football fiesta.
The final attracted some traditional rulers, captains of industries, Members of NDA RC 29 and football enthusiasts drawm from far and near.
- Ganduje removes travel ban for Buhari to visit Kano
- 3 policemen killed in Ebonyi by unknown gunmen
- Naira notes: CBN approves Feb. 10 as new deadline
- Buhari tackling problems others ran from– Tinubu
- Solanke-Koya urges Aviation Minister to reject payment of airfare in foreign currency
- Gusau expresses interest to run for Certified Athletic Administrator Presidency
- Lassa fever death rate raises to 13 in Edo
- APC reveals what will happen as Osinbajo absent at Tinubu’s campaign in Lagos
- Peter Obi takes campaign to Borno, promises to end insecurity
- Distribution of 2.83m mosquito nets begin in Ebonyi