The Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola, has appealed to young Nigerians to stop the trend of renouncing their citizenship in pursuit of greener pasture. According to him, it is worrisome and counterproductive.
The Minister expressed his concerns when he spoke at the Ministerial Alignment Meeting of the Presidential Task Force on Deliverables for Ministries, Departments, and Agencies of Government.
Represented at the meeting by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry Dr. Shuaib Belgore., the Minister said the Federal government would put up a mechanism in place that would keep young Nigerians busy in productive activities.
He appealed to the youths to stop renouncing their citizenship.
Aregbesola said a committee would be set up in the Ministry with stakeholders to oversee the operations and implementation of the deliverables.
He announced that the committee would be chaired by the Director, Planning Research and Statistics (PRS) in the Ministry, Mr. Kabiru Ayuba, with representatives of the four Services under the Ministry and other relevant officers.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections