The Minister of Transportation, Mr. Rotimi Amaechi, stated this during the inspection of the Lagos-Ibadan railway construction project on Tuesday.
He noted that the target is that by the end of the month, people should be able to get to Ibadan by rail going by the pace of work by the CCECC.
According to him, “the railway project is gradually coming to the end, as the already completed part of the project is 6km away from Abeokuta.
“I have been assured that we would be able to ride from iju to Abeokuta at least by the first week in January. The idea is to bring the vice president and some ministers to join us in the ride. When we do the ride we would then allow passengers to use it up to Abeokuta.
“Our target is that by the end of the month, we should be able to get to Ibadan by rail, then we can begin to put the pressure on them to build the stations.”
The Minister further said: “You can see that the station is not going as we think because we have them to slow down the pace of station, that the emphasis should begin the track. Today I will tell them don’t continue to build two tracks concentrate on one till the end, so that as we are using one, you will be building the second one.
“Because as you are doing the two, it is slowing down construction period. Doing two at a time is slowing down the construction period,”
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
ROYAL NEWS eCopy March 28, 2022
- Emir Sulu-Gambari set to install Balogun Gambari as most senior counsellor in Ilorin Emirate
- Divorce: JJC Skillz divorces Nollywood Star, Funke Akindele
- Gov Zulum directs promotion of deserving civil servants
- Kano APC Senator, Shekarau finally defects to NNPP
- Senate Confirms Buhari 7 Ministerial Norminees
- Fraud: Senate summons NIA boss over N/Delta activists’ blacklist by DSS
- Organ harvesting: Senate delegation to visit Ekweremadu, wife in London
- Ado-Ekiti Yahoo-Boy Jailed Two Years for Scam, Loses N13m Car to FG
- Money-politics affecting Nigeria’s political processes— Ex-Minister
- Kwara monarch introduces new currency for business activities in own community