The Concerned Edo Citizens Forum (CECF), a socio-political forum, on Wednesday in Benin condemned the hijack of the #EndSARS peaceful protests in Edo by hoodlums.
Convener of the Forum, Mr Roy Oribhabor, also condemned the wanton destruction that characterised the protest
“The Forum sympathies with those who lost their beloved ones, friends and family members,’’ he said in a statement.
“CECF prays to God to accept the souls of the departed persons. They are indeed our heroes,’’ he added.
Oribhabor also commended the Edo State government for its prompt action to stop the destruction of lives and properties, but called on it to review the curfew it imposed on the state.
“As critical stakeholders, we hereby appeal to the state government to review the imposition of the curfew on the state.
“This is because the curfew has further aggravated the agonies of the people of Edo whose sources of livelihood had been affected by the decision,’’ he stated.
Oribhabor stated also that the CECF condemned in strong terms the massacre that happened in Lekki, Lagos State on Tuesday.
“We call on all Nigerians to condemn the killings and insist that the incident must be investigated and culprits made to face the law.
“We also call on youths to maintain the peace and put the protest on hold to allow further discussion, negotiations and dialogue and to allow government to address the fundamental issues raised, he stated.
Contact: [email protected]
- Harry Akande dies at 77
- N100m not paid as ransom to secure release of Chinese — Association
- 18 dead after carbon monoxide leak in China coal mine – Report
- PWDs: CCD urges MDAs in Lagos State to fully implement disability laws
- Air Peace receives another aircraft from C-Check maintenance – Official
- Peace talks: Afghan national reconciliation council holds first meeting
- Ghanaians confident of peaceful general elections
- Ejike Oji wants state govts. to key into FP programmes, develop plan
- Indian minister tests positive after getting COVID-19 vaccine trial dose
- Enugu by-election commences hitch-free, peacefully
- News11 months ago
Army approves cigarettes allowance, N20,000 salary increment for soldiers
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking…Kwara assembly suspends 16 LGs chairmen
- Metro8 months ago
BREAKING…. Kwara govt announces total lockdown in Offa
- Education1 year ago
UNILORIN education faculty emerges best in Nigeria
- Politics11 months ago
Gbemi Saraki finally breaks silence, changes political slogan
- Politics1 year ago
Breaking… Kwara governor appoints Yinka Aluko S A Special Duties
- News2 years ago
Sokoto assembly confirms Gov Tambuwal’s 26 comissioner nominees
- Politics2 years ago
Breaking…GOV. ABDULRAZAQ APPOINTS COMMITTEE ON REVIEW OF SALES OF GOVT PROPERTY (See full names)