By Arowona Abdulazeez
Kwara State Governor, Dr Abdulfatah Ahmed has observed that the current economic recession in the country is an impetus for those who can think outside box for sustainable development and economic growth.
The Governor who made this observation in Ilorin on Thursday when he received Nollywood actors and actresses, led by producer, Lasore films and movie production, Mr Lasun Ray, said governance is not about resources but resourcefulness.
According to Gov Ahmed, “there is gold on the streets of Nigeria for those who can open their eyes. The current situation has, in deed, separated men from boys.”
“As a state”, the governor continued, “we reformed our revenue collection mechanism and came up with novel funding model to get our State to a level where we comfortably fund our projects and still able to meet basic necessities of governance.”
According to Gov Ahmed, entertainment is a critical social factor and a platform for information and communication strategies. “You are very critical in any developmental agenda,” the governor said, stating further that the guild of actors should be seen as part and parcel of governance.
“I am happy that those of you have taken your area of interest to contribute your quote to not only moulding the country but also helping as a potential platform for youths to grow to be better citizens,” he said.
Governor Ahmed promised continued partnership with the actors to explore other areas of mutually beneficial relationship and strengthen dividends of democracy to the people.
Earlier, the leader of the team, Mr Lasun Ray said they were in government house to show appreciation for the administration’s support to the industry, particularly in the areas of art and culture
- Photo News: ROYAL NEWS 10th anniversary, public lecture, book presentation
- Court grants ex-AGF, Adoke permission to celebrate Xmas with family in Dubai
- NJC recommends compulsory retirement of Osun High Court Judge, orders probe into 51 petitions against others
- UNESCO Inscribes Sango Festival in World Heritage List
- TESCOM: 7, 241 Oyo Teachers, Non-Teaching Staff Write 2022 Promotion Exams
- FG promotes 30 directorate cadre, others in Police Affairs Ministry
- 2024 budget: Army mulls unmanned aerial vehicle command
- Alleged Abduction: EFCC, DSS Risk Contempt Proceedings In Court Over Emefiele
- Senate frowns as NCoS feeds dogs better than inmates
- NAPTIP laments tracking machine as woman sells 120 children