Amazon’s Jeff Bezos reclaimed the No. 1 spot two weeks after losing the title of the richest person in the world to LVMH chief Bernard Arnault.
According to Forbes, Amazon shares closed more than 2% higher on Thursday, June 10, boosting Bezos’ net worth by $3.5 billion, while shares in Arnault’s luxury conglomerate LVMH slumped by nearly 1%, slashing $1.4 billion from his fortune.
Bezos’ net worth now stands at $193.5 billion, Forbes estimates, compared to Arnault’s $192.9 billion.
In the report, Forbes said it’s been a rollercoaster few weeks for the two titans, who have been trading the top spot back and forth. On May 24 and 25, Arnault briefly passed Bezos before the markets opened in New York and Amazon shares rose, giving the Amazon founder the upper hand. Then, on May 27, Anault took the lead and held it for two weeks.
Most of Bezos’ net worth is tied up in his Amazon shares. He owns about 10% of the e-commerce giant in addition to an estimated $19 billion worth of cash and investments, $500 million in real estate, plus aerospace company Blue Origin and the Washington Post.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- KAM Holding CEO rejoices with Abubakar Sulu-Gambari on attainment of SAN rank
- Nigeria-Saudi Chamber of Commerce Will Deepen Countries’ Relations —Minister
- FAAN boss commends increase in passengers traffic at Abuja airport
- Ciroma of Ilorin, A.B. Sulu-Gambari, 61 others make final SANs list (FULL NAMES)
- Enugu West: Onyeama lied in affidavit claiming that I’m dead —Okah
- Yobe North: I accept the court judgement — Lawan
- Emir of Ilorin rejoices with Durosinlohun Kawu, Idris Haroon over National Honour Awards
- Senate considers bill to regulate informal sector employment
- Senate directs NEMA, others to help flood victims nationwide
- Senate hints on Electoral Offences Bill for 2023 elections