Sources said the registrar of KWASU had written , informing him of his conversion to a contract staff from full time appointment.
They stated that Osunlola was subsequently depressed and started misbehaving. One of his friends, was also said to have offered to
assist him with a job at Landmark University but the deceased did not submit his credentials to his friend. People were said to have been surprised and doubted the authenticity of his PhD certificate.
Other sources after the conversion of his full appointment to a contract staff, a friend of his took him to a cleric after noticing that he was depressed.
The cleric was said to have counseled him while
his friend followed him to his family who were residing at Ibadan.
The family members were said to have forced his room door open when he did not come out in the morning and were shocked that he had committed
The Director, Public Relations, KWASU, Dr. Isiaka Aliagan confirmed Osunlola’s death saying, “The Management of KWASU, Malete, would like to clarify that the late Dr. Oluremi Solomon Osunlola, was a Lecturer 1 in the Department of Crop Production, College of Agriculture.
He joined the services of the Institution on a full-time appointment in 2010. “However, during staff verificatio, it was discovered that the late
Osunlola had already retired from the Federal Ministry of Agriculture, Kwara Office, before taking up a full-time appointment with KWASU.
“Despite the fact that the deceased violated the rule of his engagement, the University, in August, 2017, converted his appointment to Contract, on compassionate grounds. This is all we can say about the late Osunlola.”
- PHOTO NEWS: Reception in honour A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN in Abuja
- Adeleke suspends Osun election commission chair, members
- A.B. Sulu-Gambari SAN: Celebrating A Prince In The Silk (PHOTOS)
- HND holders to be employed as assistant lecturers in polytechnics – NBTE
- Naira notes redesign’ll control inflation in Nigeria — Don
- Adeleke directs heads of LGAs to take over from sacked council chairmen
- My son will play for Super Eagles – Oliseh
- Man jailed one year for possessing 101 PVCs in Sokoto
- PVCs, ballot boxes, destroyed after an attack on Ebonyi INEC office
- Gov. Adeleke appoints Chief of Staff, SSG, CPS