Mr Sunday Moses, the Secretary of the association, disclosed this while speaking with journalists in llorin.
He said his members had acquired lands to cultivate cassava in large quantities and opened bank accounts in response to the request from the state government.
According to Moses, the state government has disbursed N1 billion to 500 others small scale farmers and 40 commercial farmers in the state.
The Secretary alleged that the agriculture loan was received by the state government from the Federal Government on behalf of 2000 farmers which included 500 cassava growers.
He expressed regret that none of his members benefited from the loan scheme.
Moses said that about 500 members of the association had opened accounts with the Union Bank in line with the state government’s directive
He said that his members had been in the process of securing the loan for about one and half years now, but nothing had been forthcoming.
“Five hundred members of our association have done the necessary things and submitted necessary documents, but it is surprising when the commissioner for agriculture said there was no provision for them,” he said.
Moses appealed to the state government to consider the interest of his members of as they were part of the 2000 farmers that the loan scheme was meant for.
In his reaction, Mr Anu Ibiwoye, the Special Adviser to Governor Abdulfatah Ahmed on Agriculture, said the state was yet to receive the N1 billion loan meant for cassava farmers in the state.
He said the opening of account with with the Union Bank was just one of the conditions of taking the loan, adding that the cassava growers in the state were yet to meet other conditions to access the loan.
Ibiwoye gave an assurance that the state government would release the fund as soon as the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN disbursed it to the state.
Copyright 2022 ROYAL NEWS. All rights reserved. Digital material on this website, may not be published, reproduced, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from ROYAL NEWS.
- SAD….Emir of Ilorin mourns late CSO, ASP Adebayo Olowoyo
- Emir Sulu-Gambari celebrates Turaki of Ilorin, Saliu Mustapha at 50
- APC appoints Omole as Director, Diaspora of Campaign Council
- FUT Minna appoints new Vice Chancellor, (Read Profile)
- PDP: Nothern coalition stages protest in Kaduna, says Ayu must resign
- Nigeria Air: FG selects Ethiopian Airlines as preferred bidder
- Buhari urges more private sector participation in humanitarian sector
- COAS tasks retired officers on maximum utilisation of entitlements
- Sulu-Gambari greets Olomu of Omu-Aran, Oba Adeoti at 66
- PDP governors working to resolve party crisis—Tambuwal